The Chelsea Collaborative is Hiring a Part-Time Receptionist!
Posted on: July 22, 2016
Chelsea Collaborative, Inc.
About our Organization
The Chelsea Collaborative Inc. is a community-based agency whose mission is to empower Chelsea residents and Chelsea organizations to enhance the social, environmental, and economic health of the community and its residents. The Collaborative carries out its mission through community organizing, technical assistance, program development, and information dissemination. The Collaborative’s programs and projects include The Chelsea Green Space and Recreation Committee, the Chelsea Latino Coalition, The Chelsea Latino Immigrant Committee, Chelsea United in Defense of Education, the Chelsea Voter Initiative, the Summer Youth Employment Initiative, the Shanbaro Community Association, and the Chelsea Community Fund.
The Receptionist is a part-time key position, working 28 hours per week, responsible for ensuring the organization is well represented, well organized and efficient with its operations. The primary responsibilities of the Receptionist are to provide front desk coverage and oversight of the building’s use. The Receptionist is a non-exempt employee.
- Welcome all visitors by greeting them in a professional and respectful manner.
- Direct all visitors to the appropriate staff member or conference room.
- Answer all phone calls including screening and directing calls as appropriate; and taking hand written messages for staff.
- Collect and distribute correspondence, packages, and faxes on a daily basis to the appropriate staff member.
- Collect and distribute correspondence, packages, and faxes on a daily basis to the appropriate staff member
- Provide support to the organizers and management team when needed including ordering food, setting up conference rooms, making phone calls, assisting with mailings and providing other trouble shooting when requested or necessary.
- Ensure proper daily operation of the office including monitoring equipment to assure it is working properly including telephones, internet, photocopier, fax machine, and postage machine.
- Ensure the office and the reception area is orderly, organized, and professional at all times including replenishing brochures and organize office bookshelves.
- Schedule and maintain meetings and use of conference rooms on Google calendar and physical calendar at the reception desk.
- Maintain, update, and scan staff sign in sheets on a biweekly basis.
- Disseminate information and flyers where appropriate.
- Accept information and applications where appropriate.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of childcare providers.
- Maintain a log for all electronics including cameras, translation equipment, laptop, and projector.
- Maintain postage machine including adding postage and documenting all outgoing mailings.
- Assist with the Summer Youth Employment Initiative, Annual Collaborative events such as the Gala, Annual Meeting, May 1st March, etc. as directed.
- Provide assistance and guidance to volunteers and interns.
- Understand, support, and implement the agency’s vision, mission, and programmatic goals
- Other work related to the Chelsea Collaborative, as directed.
- Must be fully bilingual, written and orally proficient, in Spanish and English. There will be no exceptions made for this requirement.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Must have knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures and knowledge of use and operations of standard office equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English
- Must have high levels of interpersonal skills and strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of computer systems such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
- Must be skilled at working in a fast-paced, stressful, environment while maintaining professionalism.
- Must be responsible and punctual.
- Ability to data enter in an efficient, timely manner
$12.50 - $15 per hour, depending on experience, pro-rated holidays and vacation time as well as earned sick time.
Those who do not speak and write in Spanish need not apply. In order to be considered for this position, please follow carefully the directions to apply. Mail or e-mail an English-language resume, 1-page writing sample, and cover letter postmarked by August 15, 2016 to:
Chelsea Collaborative, Inc.
Chelsea, MA 02150
Finalists may be asked to provide additional materials in Spanish.
The Chelsea Collaborative is an ADA, Affirmative Action, and Equal Opportunity Employer