Chelsea Desea Sonar
Chelsea Desea Sonar (Chelsea Wants to Dream) is a Therapeutic Art Space for immigrant children and families.
To get involved or find out more information please contact: Melissa Clarke, ATR, LMHC email: Melissac@chelseacollab.org phone: 617-889-6080
Do you know an unaccompanied minor student from Central America struggling with the stresses of acculturation and the affects and trauma?
Does this student appear to be shutdown, anxious, hyper, has difficulty with focus and concentration, depressed, sad, angry, and/or has difficulty controlling their feelings?
Support this student by referring them to a weekly Art Therapy group at The Chelsea Collaborative.
Chelsea Desea Sonar (Chelsea Wants to Dream) is a Therapeutic Art Space that will benefit this child/family by:
- Learning Self Regulation Skills
- Increase Social Support
- Developing trust with others
- Increase Self Confidence and promote Self Identity.
- Use the Arts to Identify and Express feelings that cannot be put into words
- Monthly Support Group for Parents with Community Resources
- Build Resiliency
- Establish Safety
- Celebrate Central American Culture