To get involved or find out more information please contact:
CUDE on Facebook
Chelsea United in Defense of Education (CUDE) promotes the participation of parents and students in all levels of the public education process. CUDE is a group of parents who work together and in collaboration with the Chelsea School Department to improve the education of our children.
CUDE has accomplished the following:
- Participated in the transition of School Superintendents.
- Has led initiatives Bullying Prevention and Interventions leading to the Superintendent’s Chelsea Public Schools Bullying Task Force.
- Established quarterly roundtable discussions with high school students, the first topic was adolescence and depression.
- As part of the Chelsea Public Schools Community Leadership Team, worked on an electronic map of community resources for youth and parents by age range.
- Working with MGH Chelsea’s Healthy Chelsea Coalition to develop a fresh and healthy food survey which to address concerns about food served in the public schools.
CUDE hosted its Annual Three Kings Day Celebration with City Manager Tom Ambrosino, Parent Information Center Director Danny Mojica and Officer Stephen Garcia as this year's "celebrity kings." More than 75 children and families partook in the fun community celebration.
CUDE's Annual Family Fun Day saw almost 300 participants on a hot June day. The families enjoyed the fun and festivities but also became more acquainted with CUDE's great work to engage parents in their child's education.
The Chelsea Collaborative's Annual Report highlighting accomplishments from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014 is available now.
The Chelsea Collaborative board, staff and members participated in Strategic Planning sessions from January to April. The Popular Education Consultants, Isabel Vinent, Ph.D, Reca Fernandez, Ph.D, and Dawn Adolfson, BA lead the Collaborative through an in depth review of strengths, assets and areas for improvements. More than 125 people participated in the strategic planning sessions and conversations from January to April 2014. The 5 Year Strategic Plan outlines ways for the Collaborative to have an even stronger presence in the community of Chelsea and beyond. The plan itself will be completed in the coming weeks and an executive summary will be available for the public by July 1st.
The 5 Year Strategic Plan outlines ways for the Collaborative to have an even stronger presence in the community of Chelsea and beyond. The plan itself will be completed in the coming weeks and an executive summary will be available for the public by July 1st.
Please save the date! On Thursday, December 5th at the Holiday Inn in Somerville, the Chelsea Collaborative will be celebrating 25 years of organizing the community with dinner, dancing, live and silent auctions, and awards presented to community members or groups who have helped the community in extraordinary ways day in and day out.